Objectives of the training course:
- Carry out complex surveys
- Master confined environment piloting
- Develop piloting skills on various ROV
- Master multiple technical tools
- Acquire different skills about underwater video editing
- Manipulate, move submerged objects
ROV TRAINING LEVEL 2
This expert training course review the same modules as the “master” one and develops more precise and upgrading lessons. This course is aimed at professionals wishing to master their inspection methods.
With this expert training, you will thus become autonomous and able to conduct complex surveys by using the built-in tools of the ROV.
Extract of the training program – 10 DAYS
1st Module: the ROV universe
✘ The different types of ROV
✘ Technical evolution
✘ Fields of application
2nd Module: The ROV functioning
✘ Electrical and sealing security
✘ Buoyancy and weight
✘ Components presentation
3rd Module: Piloting the ROV
✘ Emerged navigation
✘ Out sight navigation
✘ Deep piloting
4th Module: Inspection methods
✘ Land station organization
✘ Image shooting
5th Module: Realizing a totally autonomous inspection mission
6th Module: ObsROV steering in confined environments
- NanoROV steering
- Precision tracking & navigation work
- Capturing images in narrow spaces
- Pipe inspection exercise
7th Module : Report writing
- Piloting improvement
- Execution of an inspection mission by yourself
- Inspection scenario based on concrete requests
- Deliverable writing: reports, sketches and plans
8th Module – Image processing
- Images and videos postproduction
- 3D modeling -photogrammetry
- Image acquisition process
- Data processing
9th Module – Learning positioning tools
In some situations, the ROV is difficult to move due to the turbidity. Different acoustic tools provide information on the position of the ROV in water and its environment.
This module allows learners to use some of these tools.
- Echosounder’s operation
- Sonar 360°’s operation
- Inspection exercises & use of acoustic sonars
- Use of a sonar during exercises in confined spaces
- Multiple training rooms
- Relaxing room
- Training ROV
- Training area in a quarry for the exercises
- Professional ROV piloting simulator
Functioning of the training course:
- Presentation of the instructor, of the students, the equipment and of the training schedule.
- Terms and explanation of the functioning
- According to the weather: alternating between theoretical courses (components, regulation, mission planning…) and practical training (ROV piloting).
- Throughout all the training, we invite the students to freely intervene, exchange and ask question, for a dynamic and rich training
Time table of the training course
From Monday to Friday :
9.00 – 12.30
14.00 – 17.30
For lunch, various options are offered like eating directly on the spot. Indeed, you’ll find within our facilities the necessary equipment (fridges, micro-waves), a room to chill and relax and for good weathered days.
To the convenience of the students, we can as well eat outside as various affordable restaurants are located less than a kilometer away from our center.
Our formation center is located close to numerous hotels allowing you to get an accommodation according to your budget (Ibis, Première Classe, Novotel, etc.) Airbnb apartments, bed and breakfast accommodation and cottages are as well available.
Modalités d’évaluation :
- Contrôle continu
- Classification des exercices
- Exercices pratique sur site d’entrainement
- Mise en situation réel de mission à effectuer
- Débriefing fin d’exercice